Mountain Biking at Sleepy Hollow
- Mountain Biking and Hiking Open Sunrise - Sunset using self-pay kiosk. All users must sign in every time they visit at the kiosk right outside the main inn entrance. Maps available in the kiosk (Bike Shop open by chance).
- We no longer offer mountain bike rentals.
- Helmets required.
- Open from May 15th -Oct 24th - Please avoid riding right after heavy rains. We're open for the season!
- Please be mindful of wedding ceremonies here at Sleepy Hollow. Weddings are our primary business here in the summer and fall, so please be sure to be quiet and enter/exit our trails from the back of the parking lot if there is a ceremony going on (most often ceremonies are Sat. afternoon ~2-4pm). Thanks!
- New trail entry in back of the parking lot at the information board.
- Please keep dogs leashed in the parking lot area during wedding weekends Friday - Sunday. It's OK to unleash once you're out on the trails. We have had a few problems this summer and really want to keep allowing dogs. Thanks!
Daily Rates: (Fellowship of the Wheel five pack members bike for free at Sleepy Hollow, must sign in each visit)
|Kids under 12||$4||$2|
New Mtn. Bike happenings at Sleepy Hollow! (posted 7/15/16)
- Darth Vader now a complete loop (starts off of Balance Beam, ends on X-wing)
- Millenium Falcon reroute mostly complete (lower part of Millenium Falcon has been moved uphill onto drier ground... Excavator built trail... Some signage still not up yet, but should be soon.
- Magee Hill Connector trail consruction underway... By later this summer bikers/hikers/runners will be able to go from Magee Hill/Swamp rd. intersection by trail over to Texas Hill Rd (and access Hinesburg Town Forest). Trail will consist of parts of Hinesburg Hill loop (ski trail) and .5miles new singletrack. Work will be aided by FOTW, and the Hinesburg Trails Committee (and eventually trail will be part of the Trail around Hinesburg.
- New trail map for later this summer. With all these new trail developments, we'll be updating our trail map, and expanding it's size so it's easier to read.
With a special thanks to the Annelies, Zoey, and Sammy, Fellowship of the Wheel, (specifically Dave, Jeff, and Gary) our mountain biking has never been better! Our specialty here at Sleepy Hollow is our intermediate and advanced single track, of which we have ~ 20km. Come bike our 6 mile Yellow loop and take a self guided tour around our trail system. Also popular is our orange Tatooine loop with it's epic burmed descent crafted by our expert trail stewards. Our Skywalker singletrack is probably our most biked trail, and heads up to Butternut Cabin where the view is fantastic. Yoda is very popular for our expert riders. A new trail called Darth Vader is now complete. It starts about 3/4 the way up Balance Beam (above Butternut Cabin), and descends to Upper Saddle trail. Follow this ski trail for a while, and then there is new single track that brings Darth Vader back into X-Wing Come for the challenge, come for the fun!
Check out this Youtube video of some riding here.
Sleepy Hollow's trail system also connects to the Hinesburg Town Forest and Carse Lands, where many miles of single track have been professionally constructed by the Fellowship Of The Wheel. The connector trail (~ 2 miles from our lodge to the entrance to the town forest trail system) is mostly downhill and challenging, but combining Sleepy Hollow's trail system with the Hinesburg Town Forest (and Carse) allows for a fantastic amount of great riding to be had. Exploring both trail systems takes at least two good days of riding for most intermediate/advanced riders.
All users of the trail system must sign in at the Sleepy Hollow Inn and pay the trail fee (FOTW five pack members ride for free, but still must sign in). This can be done at our Kiosk in front of the bike shop during all daylight hours, or in our bike shop if we're around. FYI a hose is available to wash down your bikes, located in front of the bike shop near the stone wall.
Links to Local Bike Shops and Organizations:
- Onion River Sports
- Earl's Cyclery
- Village Bike Shop - located in Richmond Village 434-4876
- Local Motion - A local bike advocacy group located on the bike path in Burington
- Fellowship of the Wheel - A local mountain bike group dedicated to building and maintaining trails in and around Chittenden County