Click the image below to start the panorama view
Above is a mind bending panorama of Butternut Cabin (taken with a drone camera, and is what you’d see if you were suspended in mid-air 100 feet in front of the cabin and rotated almost a full 360 degrees)… Pretty cool! Butternut Cabin has been fully reconstructed and improved in 2014. The new Cabin is situated about 100 feet from the site of the old Cabin (old Butternut Cabin was constructed around 1978, and survived to 2014 before succumbing to unstable footings).
The Butternut Cabin is included in our wedding package! It features a wood-stove, picnic table, 8 bunks with mattresses, a swinging deck chair, and a great view. Butternut Cabin is located one mile from our main lodge, and is accessible only by skiing/snowshoeing in the winter or hiking/biking in the summer. There is no driving to the cabin. There is no running water or electricity, but there is an outhouse and a spectacular view!
We rent out Butternut Cabin all winter and mid-week in the spring/summer/fall (due to the weddings every weekend). See our listing on Airbnb to see the availability calendar and to book it!
The cabin includes firewood, but please bring matches, paper and kindling. It does not have pots and pans, but does have a flat topped woodstove that is good for cooking on.
- Please check in at the lodge to get a map!
- If you are snowshoeing or hiking up we STRONGLY recommend a daytime check in. It is hard to follow the snowshoe trails at night.
- Walking or Snowshoeing on groomed trails is prohibited and makes Dave (our head groomer) very upset.
- We now have a $100 re-grooming fee for anyone that walks on the groomed ski trails. This fee goes directly to Dave’s blood pressure medication.
- Snowshoers must stay on the specified snowshoe trails.
- No dogs in the winter. They are ok in the spring/summer/fall, but please leash them by the Inn.
We only allow camping for our wedding groups. Our camping area is in Molly’s Meadow, a short 200m walk from the Inn and Round Barn. There are 4 lean-tos, and a very large grassy meadow for pitching tents. It is unlimited and free, so no need to make a reservation. Showers and bathrooms are available in the basement of the inn. Bring your own towels please.
You may bring an RV or camper for wedding weekends. We have three places you can plug in for electricity (120 volt, 20 amp outlets). It is included for those staying with a wedding party. No need to make a reservation.