Skiing and Snowshoeing at
Sleepy Hollow Inn, Huntington, Vermont.
Covid-19 Notes: We will be open for skiing this winter at Sleepy Hollow with a few modifications to keep everyone safe.
Please purchase your day pass, rentals or season pass online here: SQUARE STORE HERE!!!
- Please follow the travel rules set by the State of Vermont. Only visitors who have quarantined for 14 days or 7 days with a negative test may be in Vermont and allowed to ski at Sleepy Hollow. VISITOR INFORMATION and RULES
- Please sign in every time you ski with your name, phone number and email. MANDATORY for contact tracing! We will have sign in forms on the porch of the lodge or you can SIGN IN HERE!!!.
- You are welcome to purchase your passes/rentals ahead of time, just make sure you sign-in on the day you use them.
- If you are using your reciprocal pass we have a binder on the front porch you can sign in on to let us know which ski area you are coming from.
- We will have port-o-lets in parking lot that we ask people to use. All indoor restrooms are closed.
- All day users and season pass holders (just sign once) must sign the attestation form here ATTESTATION FORM TO SIGN!!
- We ask that you distance yourself while skiing, and to have a mask around your neck that you can pull up if you need to ski within 6 feet of another skier. Groups must wear masks the whole time while skiing.
- All buildings are closed to the general public. We will have rental ski and snowshoes available, but you need to call when you arrive to be allowed to come in the ski shop. 802-434-2283.
- Cabin guests must sign the covid forms before they ski or snowshoe up!
The ultimate Vermont cross country skiing and Vermont snowshoeing experience.
Sleepy Hollow offers 35km of well-groomed trails for both classic and skate skiing. Experience Pisten Bully 100 quality grooming, complete with a tiller! The snowshoe trails are separate from the ski trails and meander through our property. We encourage all our skiers and snowshoers to visit Butternut Cabin, which overlooks a fantastic view of Camel’s Hump.
We’ve got a complete lineup of ski and snowshoe rentals, as well as 2 pulks we lend out for free (call ahead for pulk reservations). Our rentals can fit 3 year olds all the way up to folks with size 15 boots.
We now have a 2km snowmaking loop! With 5 snowguns and a fully electric powered water pumps and air compressors, we’re set up to ski early in the season (most years). Check out our nordic snowmaking information and energy use page here. Best yet, with our 100kw of solar arrays installed, this is a renewable energy powered snowmaking system. Check out our ski conditions and webcam page for the latest conditions and event information.
Open Daily – 9AM – 4:30PM (Always check snow conditions page to be sure we have snow)
Night Skiing (Open Mon, Wed, Fri only) Dusk – 8:30PM (Always check snow conditions page to make sure we’re open for night skiing Night skiing has ended for the season 3/14/21 due to daylight savings – light now until 7:30pm.)
- When snow covers the ground, our extensive network of mountain biking trails transforms into a marked snowshoe network. Explore winter at a slower pace! The experience of a winter’s day in the woods is quite peaceful and reinvigorating. Try our Yoda trail, which winds its way along a ridge overlooking the Texas Hill valley.
- Sleepy Hollow has a full line of Snowshoes available to rent. We can fit Toddlers to people with size 15 boots. All rentals come with poles for extra stability.
- We offer over 15km of marked snowshoe trails, which are separate from our ski trails. View our trail map to plan your day at Sleepy Hollow! Please leave your dogs at home.
- Feel like skiing after work or school? Ski the Hollow and extend the daylight hours.
- We have installed efficient lights around a 2 km ski loop.
- The terrain includes some flats for beginners, as well as some good climbs for more advanced skiers
- We’re open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights from dusk – 8:30pm. (check conditions page to make sure we’re open at night, until daylight savings kicks in (early March).)
- Races are held every Wednesday night in January and February-all are welcome!
- Day Pass & Rental Prices Day
- Adult Ski $22/$15*
- Adult Snowshoe $15/$10*
- Child (Age 7-12 (6 & under are free)) & Senior (65 +) $17/$12*
- Rentals – Adult $25/$20*
- Rentals – Child (Ages 3-12) & Senior (Age 65 +) $18/$15*
- *After 3pm & Night skiing
Did you know our season passes now include one free day at Cochran’s Ski Area? They also include a free day at most other nordic areas. Reciprocal Program. What a great incentive to buy our Season Pass!
SEASON PASS APPLICATION
Links to our Friends
- Skirack (sporting goods store specializing in nordic skiing located in Burlington)
- Onion River Sports (sporting goods store specializing in Nordic skiing located in Montpelier)
- Alpine Shop (a great place to buy equipment)
- NENSA (New England Nordic Ski Association)
- Fasterskier (Nordic ski related website)